We offer peer or independent reviews, constructability reviews and value engineering on projects designed by other engineers. We offer constructive reviews and value engineering on projects designed by other engineers.
Our design professionals are technically advanced and well versed in a wide variety of project types, materials and construction methods, and so we are able to offer value engineering recommendations for any project.
We believe that more than one reasonable, safe and acceptable solution can often be applied to a particular design. We always look for entirely different and better approach to provide most economical solution for the project.
We perform peer reviews as per independent review guidelines of Engineers and Geoscientists BC (formerly APEGBC). As an independent reviewer, we review continuity of gravity and lateral load paths.
We perform numerical calculations on a sample of gravity and lateral force resisting elements as required depending on the project. As part of the review process, we review the drawings for completeness, consistency, and in general compliance with applicable codes.
We conduct peer reviews in the same manner that we would want others to review our designs. As a peer reviewer, it is your responsibility to make others feel welcome safe and respected as peers. We offer informed observations and constructive suggestions to help our professional colleagues. Our approach to peer review services applies lessons learned from our past 20+ years of engineering and investigating experience.
Per guidelines of Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC), the independent review of a design generally includes following steps:
- Review the general notes, design method, and applicable loads (including loads from attached components and adjacent structures.
- Review the concept of load resisting system and continuity of load paths (both gravity and lateral loads).
- Review the project drawings, other related documents including geotechnical requirements.
- Perform design calculations at sample locations and at critical locations to ensure design meets building code requirements.
- Submit a summary report of the Independent Review along with drawings mark-ups to the Professional Engineer of Record (EOR)
- Provide a formal checklist and professional engineer signed/sealed review form per requirements of Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC).